If you run an online store selling products, such as tools, jewelry, makeup, gifts, clothing, or any other products, you make more money when you sell more products. Since the objective of any business is to make money, online store owners know that the more products they sell, the more money they can make.
“How can I sell more of my products online?” is one of the most common questions I hear from my clients is. Here are several tips that will help you sell more of your products online and generate more revenue:
– Show off the products in the best possible light. When people buy a product, they want to know what the product looks like. If someone is buying a couch, they want to be able to see if that couch would fit with the rest of their furniture before actually buying it. If someone wants to buy a piece of jewelry, they want to see what the jewelry looks like before buying it.
Therefore, the best way for you to convince your website visitors that your products are right for them is by showing the products in the best possible light. Have high-quality, detailed pictures of your products on your website so that people are convinced that they need your product as soon as they see it.
– Make your website easy to use. If someone comes to your website to purchase your products, make sure they can find exactly what you are looking for. Your website should have clear and concise navigation that is exactly the same on every page of the website.
Easy-to-use navigation ensures that your website visitors find what they are looking for on your website and purchase it.
– Optimize website for search engines. Another good way to drive more customers to your website and increase your online sales is by optimizing your website for search engines. Search engine optimization is the process of modifying web page content and meta-information to improve the search engine ranking of the page. Meta-information includes certain HTML tags (title, heading, emphasized text, keyword, and description meta-tags), as well as the internal (links between pages on the same site) and external (links between pages on different sites) link structure of a website.
Optimizing your website helps you improve your search engine rankings and drive more targeted traffic to your website.
– Create a blog to promote your business. A blog is your business diary, in which you share information about your business, your new products, different ways of using your products, and much more. Your blog is an excellent tool to let the world know about your business and your products, connect with potential customers, and promote what you have to offer.
In order to bring the most online traffic and make money with your blog, make sure that your blog consistently creates blog posts that are of interest to your past as well as potential customers. Regular posts that are interesting to read are what will keep your readers coming back and buying from you.
The Internet is a great place to sell your products. When you know how to market your business online, you bring more website traffic, get more product sales and make more money.
How To Sell More By Getting Motivated Buyers to Call You First
How many sales opportunities have you lost to competitors who seemed to have the inside track? Its likely the buyer purchased from their emotional favorite.
Selling goes beyond communicating the value of your products and services. Selling is about communicating the value of doing business with you. It is about connecting with a buyer and becoming their Emotional Favorite. Success in sales requires three things:
1) A viable product that addresses a need
Some in sales claim in sales timing is everything; experienced sales professionals know timing is the ONLY thing.
There are a plethora of credible businesses with viable products. To be truly successful at selling you need timing – to be the first or second person a motivated buyer talks to when they need something. There are three simple ways to get timing:
1) Sheer numbers if you contact enough prospects, you’ll eventually find motivated buyers
2) Referrals someone tells you a motivated buyer has a need for your product or service
3) Become a buyer’s Emotional Favorite – the motivated buyer calls you first
Value Of Being First
Being one of the first suppliers in front of a buyer at the time they need what you sell is key to getting the business. Once the buyer begins to shape a solution around a vendor’s product or service, they become emotionally tied to that solution. People tend to make decisions and move on to the next problem.
What Is The Emotional Favorite?
Think about the last time you purchased a product or service. When you picked up the phone, did you call the person who helped you in the past? The person who adds value to your business or your career every time you ask for their assistance? Chances are you did. The fact of the matter is most people do.
It used to be that people buy from those they know, liked, and trust. To be successful in sales today, you need to go one step further and connect with buyers to become the person buyers know, like, trust, and most importantly want to see succeed!
The emotional favorite is the person a buyer calls first, regardless of what they need.
Becoming The Emotional Favorite
So, if being the emotional favorite means helping buyers fulfill their needs, how do you create this relationship where your buyers think of you as their one-stop resource?
Start by asking questions about the buyer when you meet for the very first time and at the end of EVERY sales call.
Think about the last time you encountered a stereotypical salesperson, the one who immediately launches into a sales pitch. How did you react? After a minute or two, did your eyes glaze over? As the salesperson drones on, you stop listening waiting for an opportunity to end the conversation. Ultimately, that salesperson falls to the bottom of the list of people you call when you need something. Not where you want to be if you’re looking to become the Emotional Favorite.
Asking The Right Questions
Obviously, you’re not going to start with Hi, I’m Craig. What’s your greatest challenge?
Start with open-ended questions: Ask about how the latest government policy changes or shifts in technology have impacted their business. Relate their business to your other industry contacts and share some of your own insights. Then you can ask about their greatest challenges and you will likely get the answers you are looking for.
Frame your questions outside your existing sales professional to buyer relationship because, by default, the buyer will answer in terms of your products or services. Start with let’s forget about what I do for ABC Company for a minute and ask:
- What is the biggest issue you have that you just can’t get to? or,
- What is the one thing you are looking for but can’t seem to find? or,
- What issue have you tried to solve but can’t find a satisfactory solution to?
Now shut up and listen! When the buyer stops talking, wait 6 seconds and listen to what they tell you next. First, they’ll tell you about the problem. If you don’t interrupt them, they will tell you how the problem impacts them and the rest of their organization.
Now you have enough information to connect the buyer with a solution and if it’s not available through you perhaps you know a colleague who can solve the problem.
- What Are The Benefits Of Asking The Right Questions?
- You gain a better understanding of buyers and their organization.
- You will improve your relationships during a time when buyers do not need what you sell.
- You will get more face time with prospects and customers.
- You may learn of opportunities to sell.
Most buyers don’t tell you of needs they think are unrelated to what you sell. When you ask the above questions, you will learn of additional needs that may provide you with new opportunities to differentiate yourself and sell your products or services.
Craig Elias is a highly sought-after advisor, speaker, trainer, and writer, on proven sales and networking strategies that help sales professionals, consultants, and business owners differentiate themselves and become buyers ‘Go To’ people. For almost 20 years, Craig Elias has been a top performer at every company that has hired him – including WorldCom where he was named the top salesperson within six months of joining the company.
Craig Elias is also the Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of InnerSell, an online sales tool used by sales professionals so that no matter what their customer needs they can get it through them. InnerSell has won Tim Draper’s Billion-Dollar Idea pitch contest, collected a million-dollar prize, been featured in International Press (NBC News, Business 2.0, The New York Times, Sales & Marketing Management magazine ), and was recently selected by Dow Jones as one of the 50 most promising companies in North America and by the IBD Network as one of the 40 hottest companies in Silicon Valley.